Committee on Ministry
November 19, 2016 Presbytery Assembly - Passed
To access the presentation notes, handout, and slides, click here.
Who's our liaison?
How do we put together our pastor's Terms of Call (i.e., Effective Salary, Housing, Pension/Medical, etc.)?
What do we do to get a pastor?
What if our church is experiencing difficulties, or simply has questions of a general nature?
If you ever had any of these questions, you have come to the right place. Below we have documents that will help you answer these questions. Before you reach these documents, check out what our Committee on Ministry does for us.
Pastoral Care and Counseling
Who cares for the minister? Who cares for the lay leader? Who cares for the teacher?
The Committee on Ministry (COM) is a ministry of our presbytery whcih serves as pastor and counselor to teaching elders, ruling elders commissioned to pastoral service, and certified Christian educators of the presbytery.
I am an elder, teaching elder, commissioned lay pastor, or certified Christian educator; how to do I bring ideas or ocncerns before the presbytery?
The COM facilitates the relations between the presbytery and its congregations, teaching elders, ruling elders commissioned to pastoral service, and certified Christian educators.
Who do I turn to when there is conflict in my church or in my call?
God forbid, but if any difficulties arrive, the COM settles difficulties on behalf of the presbytery where possible and expedient.
Nuts and Bolts
- 2017 COM Assignments by Member- Finaldoc.doc - 1/12/2017
- 2017 COM Assignments by Church.doc - 1/12/2017
- COM Policy 19 Minimum Terms of Call 2017.pdf - 11/29/2016
- Gracious Dismissal.pdf - 3/9/2015
- Confidentiality Policy.pdf - 11/4/2014
- yoked church information form.doc - 8/13/2013
- Personal Information Form.doc - 1/10/2014
- Ministry Information Form (Replacing CIF form 2013) .doc - 1/4/2014
- Instructions for entering a new PIF .pdf - 1/10/2014
- Instructions: entering a new MIF(ministry information form).doc - 1/4/2014
- On Calling a Pastor.pdf - 5/1/2015
- 04 - The Advisory Handbook for Ministry Committees-Commissions.pdf - 3/26/2013
- 02 - 6-15-2010 Procedures for Committee on Ministry Examinations.pdf - 3/26/2013
Other Forms and Policies are at the Topical Table of Contents of the COM Manual
Comments or Questions for the COM
Contacting us is easy. Please click here to visit our contact page!