Crossing the Racial Divide
On Saturday, June 8th the Rev. Jimmie Hawkins, Director of the PC(USA) Office of Public Witness in Washington D.C., will be the keynote speaker for an open event
Date: Saturday, June 8, 2019
Time: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Place: First United Presbyterian (“Red Door”)
381 Main St., Oneonta (across from former Friendly’s)
Registration begins at 9:30 am
Plenary begins at 10:00 am
“Race Intersectionality in America”
By the Rev. Jimmie Ray Hawkins, Director of the
Presbyterian Office for Public Witness in Washington D.C.
Lunch and afternoon break-out groups to address how systemic racism plays out in:
1) Voting rights and common-sense government reform
2) Reducing poverty and defending the social safety net
3) Comprehensive immigration reform
4) Justice Advocacy: Cash Bail
Listening session wraps up program (concludes by 3:00 pm).
Pre-Registration preferred to help us plan lunch and childcare.
by Wednesday, June 5th about:
1) Number of people coming
2) Special dietary needs and/or
3) Childcare (names, ages, and any special needs of your children).
This event is open to the public
by freewill donations.